This empowering women's retreat connects you to your inherent wisdom and wonder through yoga, meditation, writing, art, and time in nature.
You are invited to join me and Kanjana Hartshorne at the scenic and peaceful Himalayan Institute May 1 to 3 for the Courageous Heart Yoga Retreat, where you will explore how to rebuild healthy and compassionate connections with your true self – body, heart, and soul.
At this year’s retreat you will explore how to cultivate and call on courage in your relationship with your body. No doubt, it takes tremendous courage to feel kind toward our bodies in a world that thrives on unrealistic beauty ideals and external validation. We can lose our connection with our personal power and feel discontent with our bodies. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to teach simple yet powerful ways to: practice compassion and connection with your body; experience more peace and grace in the unscripted chaos of life; develop mindfulness skills; and cultivate more appreciation for your unique values and qualities.
THIS SPECIAL WEEKEND INCLUDES:
• 5 healing and empowering sessions on creating kind relationships with our bodies
• Yoga practices that include poses, meditation, guided visualization, mantra, and Yoga philosophy to illuminate our discussions and cultivate self-connection
• Meaningful and supportive discussion
• Journaling, art, and other creative activities
• Delicious soul nourishing food
• Rest and relaxation
• Additional amenities offered at the Himalayan Institute
• Plus a private guided hike for our group, a Fire Pit Pondside party, and a Chai Tea welcome party.
THEMES WE WILL EXPLORE INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• How do I relate to my body?
• How do I talk to my body?
• How did my body image develop?
• How do my emotions affect my body image?
• How does my body language and body image affect my emotions?
• How can we use tools from yoga therapy to help us cultivate compassion for our bodies?
• How can we practice gratitude for what your bodies do for us?
• How do we give ourselves permission to pursue a life beyond external validation and be freed from superficial comparisons and judgement?
• What’s the difference between tolerance, acceptance, respect, love, and kindness?
• How do we move forward with connection to self and others?
WHO SHOULD COME?
This retreat is appropriate for women who want to explore how to feel more confident and content in their bodies. Whether you struggle with body image because of your past, weight, race, size, ability, aging, illness, or more, we invite you to join us. No yoga experience is necessary.
ABOUT THE YOGA SESSIONS
Kanjana and Jennifer’s Yoga classes are beginner-friendly, gentle, trauma-sensitive and unique. Building upon the themes of the retreat we use our bodies to turn inward, connecting to our innate courage, wisdom, and grace. Our participants often comment on how different our yoga classes are compared to what’s offered in their community. The focus here is less on fitness and more on connecting with the self.
Tuition: $545 (payment plan available)
*Space is limited to 11 participants. Reserve your spot ASAP!
Room & Board: Starts at $190 for a shared room and includes: vegetarian meals through the weekend, optional yoga classes and meditation/prayer groups, complimentary Wi-Fi, unlimited hot beverages in the Tea Lounge, and access to the Himalayan Institute’s picturesque 400-acre campus offers breathtaking views, scenic trails, and peaceful spaces for reflection and contemplation. To reserve your room call 570-253-5551 ext #2 to reserve by phone.
*10% Early Bird Discount Available Through November 15, 2019.
*Space is limited, reserve your spot!
*Continuing education units for Yoga Teachers registered with the Yoga Alliance.
*Up to 11 CEUs for social workers in PA and social workers, marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors in PA and NJ. Other professionals who wish to pursue credentials in their field may contact Kanjana Hartshorne at Kanjana@HealingHeartsWellness.com to receive the detailed clinical description of the retreat.
*Full refund for cancellations 60 days before the event start date.
*Partial refund of $200 for cancellations between 30 and 59 days before the event start date.
*Refunds will not be issued for cancellations from 29 days before the event.
*We highly recommend getting travel insurance to protect yourself in case of emergencies.
We would love for you to join us for the Courageous Heart Yoga Retreat! Have questions? Feel free to get in touch. We will happily answer all your questions.
Have questions about the retreat? Great! Feel free to email me.